Friday, April 24, 2009

Customer Service and Zemanta

Image representing Zemanta as depicted in Crun...Image via CrunchBase

These days customer service is often what makes the difference in maintaining customer loyalty.

This week I had the opportunity to experience first class customer service.

Several months ago I learned about Zemanta, a service that enriches blog posts by suggesting tags, links, related articles and photos. You can see Zemanta in action on this post.

I added Zemanta to my Blogger dashboard mostly for the ease in finding & using 'legal' photos in my posts. After using Zemanta for a month or so, it disappeared from my Blogger dashboard. I tried to figure out what happened but then other, more pressing issues came up & I decided to do without it.

Earlier this week, out of the blue, I got an email from Jure Cuhalev who is a Zemanta Community Manager. He noticed that I had used Zemanta for a while and then suddenly stopped. He wanted to know if something had broken or if the service hadn't met my expectations.

I was delighted to hear from him as I did miss using the service. After explaining what happened, he transferred my information to Domen Grabec, Zemanta's IE developer. After a number of emails back & forth, during which time Domen led me step-by-step with detailed explanations & screen shots, I now have Zemanta back!

Zemanta offers a free version of their program as well as a paid version. Since I use the free version I am extremely impressed with the level of customer service provided.

If you're a blogger, you may want to check them out: Zemanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!

 
Designed by Lena